Applicants must satisfy the following criteria to be eligible for the Circle of Friends Impact Scholarship:
Applicants are required to have a third party verify the applicants’s lived experience with sex trafficking and or sexual exploitation. The verifying third party will be required to send a letter directly to the Organization on their official letterhead with contact information verifying the applicant’s victimization. The Organization will contact the verifying third party prior to awarding a scholarship. The following persons or entities may verify an applicant’s victimization:
- Social Service Agencies;
- Foster Care Systems;
- Licensed Treatment Facilities;
- Criminal Justice Institutions; and
- Physicians, licensed clinicians and other medical facilities.
To apply, applicants must complete and submit this Circle of Friends Impact Scholarship Application and include the following:
- Applicant’s acceptance letter(s) from the institution(s) that the applicant plans to attend.
- Official High school transcript or official G.E.D. documentation.
- Official College transcript (if applicant has attended any post-secondary schooling).
- Personal financial information.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation must be written by individuals who can attest to the character and potential of the applicant. The letters of recommendation must be sent to COFCL at the mailing address directly from the person writing the letter of recommendation. Each letter must contain an original signature from the person recommending and a contact phone number.
- A relative (limited to one (1) letter)
- A mentor through an official program (limited to one (1) letter)
- A faith/spiritual leader on their professional letterhead (limited to one (1) letter)
- A former or current employer on their professional letterhead
- A law enforcement officer/judicial official/attorney/group home director or foster care guardian on their professional letterhead.
- Evidence of submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Applicant must submit a personal essay of 750 words or less explaining how you have overcome any adverse experience related to your lived experience of Sex Trafficking and/or Exploitation.
- The applicant must also apply for all other federal and state grants/scholarships for which they qualify.
- All applicants must complete, scan and return below documents via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org labeled as Exhibit A – Authorization for Release of Health Information; Exhibit B – Right of Publicity General Release; Exhibit C – IRS Form W-9.
- Please Note: All awardees will be required to send a recent head-shot. These will not be shared.
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact us.