Dear Beautiful and Brilliant Sisters:
Welcome to the Circle of Friends Impact Scholarship information site. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am that you are here!
As a former undergraduate and graduate student, and now as an executive, entrepreneur, and instructor at a prestigious women’s college, I know how important the steps that you are about to take are to the rest of your life. Today, you are building your future- a future that I know will be radiant and rewarding- a future that YOU have both the power and the opportunity to build for yourself!
- Before you begin the application process for the Circle of Friends Impact Scholarship, I encourage you to stop for a brief moment and celebrate yourself for coming this far. Celebrate yourself for taking the initiative to do something that your future will thank you for. Celebrate yourself for moving towards becoming the woman that you’ve dreamed of being. Celebrate yourself for simply being YOU!
- Now, take a few minutes to read through the Circle of Friends Impact Scholarship information contained on the following pages. Acquaint yourself with the three (3) distinct scholarship options being offered:
- The Maria Duenas Calvo Scholarship for those interested in obtaining a Certificate or Degree from a Technical College,
- The Honorable Nina R. Hickson Scholarship, for those interested in obtaining a two or four year College Degree, and or
- The Lisa C. Williams Scholarship for those requiring assistance with housing and or public transportation.
- Next, acquaint yourself with the Eligibility Requirements, Required Information, and Required Online Application.
- And lastly, pay attention to what you're responsible for as you complete your application and make note of the important dates associated with the incredible opportunity.
Once you’re ready, complete and return the application. Tell us about yourself and your hopes and dreams for the future. Our scholarship committee is standing by, eagerly awaiting the opportunity to review your submission and learn all about you!
You are amazing in every way and we look forward to meeting you and welcoming you into our Circle of Friends.
Wishing you all the best as you take advantage of this scholarship and other educational opportunities to enhance your future and change your life forever.
In celebration of Girl Power, Education and Your Future Self,
Kelly Smith Beaty
Circle of Friends: Celebrating Life, Inc. &
Circle of Friend Impact Scholarship Advisory Board Member
Founder The Girl Power Agency & #Glam4Grades
The Calvo Scholarship
The Maria Duenas Calvo Scholarship (the “Calvo Scholarship”) is awarded to those qualified individuals interested in attending and earning a Certificate and/or Associate Degree in horticulture, allied health, science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) or another closely related program of study from a one (1) or two (2) year technical/community college. This scholarship will be a reoccurring scholarship unless the scholarship recipient fails to maintain the GPA requirement and other conditions as set forth in this application and the Scholarship Acknowledgment and Agreement.
The Hickson Scholarship
The Honorable Nina R. Hickson Scholarship (the “Hickson Scholarship” and, together with the Calvo Scholarship, the “Scholarships” and each, a “Scholarship”) is awarded to those qualified individuals interested in attending a four-year college with a focus toward majoring in journalism, allied health, social work, government/law, science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) or another major closely related thereto. This scholarship will be a recurring scholarship unless the scholarship recipient fails to maintain the GPA requirement and other conditions as set forth in this application and the Scholarship Acknowledgment and Agreement.
The Williams Scholarship
The Lisa C. Williams Scholarship (the “Williams Scholarship”) is awarded to those qualified individuals in need of assistance in paying for housing or public transportation while attending college. This scholarship will provide for a one-time-only, on-campus housing deposit and/or rent for a minimum of one month with a maximum of two semesters or two semesters of monthly public transportation cards sold directly through the educational institution.
Application Period Opens
Scholarship Application Deadline
Scholarship Decisions Released
Scholarship Award Event
September 12, 2018
January 11, 2019
March 8, 2019
June 19, 2019
The Calvo Scholarship and the Hickson Scholarship are not intended to be full tuition scholarships and the amount awarded to each recipient may vary based on financial need and other criteria as determined by COFCL’s Scholarship Selection Committee. The scholarship amount awarded to any recipient is for a single year to be disbursed pro-rata per course period directly to the educational institution. Not every applicant will receive a scholarship.
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact us.